Do you have a Facebook page, Twitter account, LinkedIn profile? Would you like more followers and more interaction?
Are You Making These Mistakes?
- You ask people to follow your page
- You have someone post for you or you post with no content plan
- Few people engage with your posts
If any of these sound familiar, this article will help you gain interested followers and crush social media.
Social Media Tips
- Determine with ONE platform your target audience is on – no reason to be busy posting where they are not active – use only one platform to increase your credibility
- Use social medial to find groups of people interested in your specific niche and build a relationship with them. Seek out groups already serving your target population and work to become an expert in those groups.
- Don’t try to sell – become known as an educator. Posting ONE tip of the day, every day. Show off your expertise and your personality
- Your health tips will spread if you talk about controversial subjects that affect your audience and make a bold statement supporting the side that the majority of your audience sits on. At the end of each tip write a soft call to action to message the page with any questions. Always end each post asking your reader to do something. It could be as simple as asking them to write, “I’m in” if they support your post. Getting comments improves your pages EdgeRank so more people will see it. In addition, the comments act as social proof for any new readers.
- Depending on the affinity your page has built up towards individual readers over time your post will stay in the Facebook feed for 1-3hrs. Post different types of content once or twice a day. Make sure to stay on top of people’s minds. Create quotes, memes, tips, infographics, and photos. Upload the night before. Schedule them 2-4 hours apart.
Ideas Catch On
What people respond to and what they dig on social media are:
- Social currency
- Practical value
This means people must gain something from your posts. No one cares about you are me. They share and comment if they feel that THEY are adding value to others by sharing your content.
Want more help? Here is a free course I put together for you.