Can You Spot These 3 Marketing Sins?
I woke up this Monday morning and wanted to motivate you to stop making marketing mistakes. I recently did a survey of 100 people on my email list. My question is simple. “Are you embarrassed by their marketing?”. That is to say, I was curious if they were spending time, money and energy on marketing that didn’t work. Failed marketing can potentially be embarrassing.
Today I am sharing the biggest marketing sins you might be making in your small business and how to fix them.
The Three Biggest Marketing Mistakes
These are the three deadly marketing sins which you might be making.
Failure to get professional marketing help
- Not knowing the fundamentals required to successfully market your business
- No idea how to increase your marketing to generate immediate cash flow
Let’s tackle them one at a time.
Failure to get professional marketing help is key. Imagine an athlete, musician, actor or another professional who dedicates themselves to their success. Do they choose to go it alone? Tiger Woods, Steve Jobs, Oprah, Jeff Bezos are examples of super successful people who have had as many as 9 coaches/consultants/trainers at once to help them achieve their success.
Therefore, just because you own a business this does not mean you are an expert at understanding marketing or the job of marketing.
The job of marketing is to get the attention of qualified prospects, then the message must give them hope you can help them get a result they want with your product or service and do it better than any competitor, and finally remove any risk so that they are comfortable purchasing from you.
Did you know most businesses fail?
96% of all small businesses fail within their first five years!
Why Do Most Businesses Fail?
In truth, most businesses fail because they use a tactical marketing approach. You must use a strategic marketing approach. Similarly, what you say in your marketing and how you say it is more important than the marketing medium you use. Business owners tend to blame the marketing medium. In addition, they don’t have the evaluation skills or the know-how to judge whether poor marketing results from poor strategy or poor tactical execution.
Look at your own marketing. Does it talk about:
- Having the lowest prices?
- The fact your business is family owned/operated?
- Offering the best value?
- Providing the best service?
- Being open at convenient hours?
These are platitudes. If you have used them, it is not your fault.
Most small business owners think this is marketing.
How Should You Be Marketing?
That is to say when you can’t communicate the true value your business offers, you are doomed to compete on price. You should be marketing using the conversion equation.
Do you know what this is?
Let me give you a quick overview.
- Interrupt – get the attention of a qualified prospect so they pay attention to your marketing.
- Engage – engage and interest the prospect with a promise. Let them know that what you have to say will help them get a solution and solve a problem they have.
- Educate – give them education that allows them to logically understand how and why you solve the problem they are facing.
- Offer – now provide a low risk way to take a next step in your sales process.
Now can you see why your marketing is failing? 99% of all small businesses market wrong.
True Marketing Professionals
A true marketing professional will know the conversion equation. If they don’t, run away as fast as you can. Remember, the second biggest mistake small business owners make is that they don’t know the fundamentals required to successfully market their business. They don’t know how to attract as many new clients as their business can handle.
Above all, once you know the fundamentals you can out-market your competition with the help of a marketing professional. This person will expertly guide your business through the marketing equation.
The third biggest mistake a marketing professional will help you avoid is generating immediate cash flow. An area most business owners really need help with.
Want Some Good News?
In conclusion, when you overcome these three big marketing mistakes you will generate all the leads your business can handle and turn your dreams of business success into reality.
Answer this one question.
If I could provide your business with a marketing system that would create an outrageous, lopsided advantage in your favor …
and your most affluent customers would beat a path to your door to buy what you sell…
without even asking how much it would cost …
are interested in having access to that?
Here’s what we are doing for you.
- Providing you with professional help backed up by a proven track record.
- Teaching you the basic fundamentals that will allow you to market your business.
- Helping you learn to attract as many new clients to your business as you want.
- Helping you to develop a compelling marketing that will generate immediate cash flow for your business.
- Guiding you to overcome your biggest business challenge for FREE with a customized blue print profit acceleration session!
Apply for a free customized blue print acceleration session and we’ll prove to you that everything I’ve said in this article is 1,000% true.
I promise you will be happy to receive this!
Apply now and we’ll show you how to out-think, out-market and out-sell your competition.